Monday 30 March 2015

// // Leave a Comment

Zaheer, Yuvraj eye India comeback

Wanna Recieve ‪‎IPL T20 Updates ?
Join IPL T20 News WhatsApp Channel
WhatsApp "ON IPL" ( without Quotes ) to +918800999286






Zaheer Khan and Yuvraj Singh, the two new recruits of Delhi Daredevils, are keen to utilize Pepsi IPL 2015 as a platform to revive their international careers.

Yuvraj, who was acquired by the Daredevils in the 2015 Player Auction for a record Rs. 16 crores, vowed to make the opportunity count and fight his way back into Team India.

"It's been a couple of hard years for me since I have come back from my treatment,” Yuvraj said in Delhi. “I am in good shape, I have worked very hard and I have had a good domestic season. I am confident of doing well and hope that things get better from here and I make it back into the team.”

The Daredevils paid Rs. 4 crores in the auction for Zaheer. The experienced Indian fast bowler who is fit and raring to go, sees the 2015 IPL season as a step towards donning the Indian blue again.

"I am enjoying playing cricket again. I have been away from cricket for a while now, so just looking forward to get back. I am taking one step at a time and IPL is definitely the first step,” said Zaheer, who hasn’t played international cricket for over a year.

Zaheer and Yuvraj were part of the successful Indian team that won many laurels under the coaching of Gary Kirsten. The two were the stars of India’s 2011 World Cup triumph, which was Kirsten’s last tournament as India’s coach.

Now as they unite with him at the Daredevils, Zaheer wants to replicate that success in the IPL. "Gary is a very good coach and we have spent a lot of time together, so I hope that we are able to replicate our success with DD this time around,” Zaheer said. “We know his working style, even he knows what to expect from us. So I hope that we combine well this season to turn it around for Delhi this time around.

"We are up for it. It's a new challenge. There are a lot of new faces this time in DD, so looking forward to it. We hopefully will be able to turn this season around for Delhi.”

Yuvraj, who hasn’t played international cricket since 2013, sees IPL 2015 as a season not only as a chance to resurrect his own career but also the fortunes of DD.

"It's an important season. I have had a good domestic season so hoping that I carry the same form into the IPL,” Yuvraj said. “It will be different because T20 is a different ball game.

"Like Zak said that DD did not do too well last season, so it'll be great that as a unit if we do well and help the team move forward. Delhi had good first three seasons, so we hope that all goes well and we live up to our potential.”

Although Yuvraj hails from Punjab, he is not a stranger to ways of Delhi. He said it is just like a home to him and expects the people of Delhi to stand behind him.

“I feel at home here,” he said. “I have been born and brought in North, so the culture and people are not new to me. I have played a lot of my cricket here so it's like a family and I hope that we play good cricket for our supporters.”

Along with the two Indian stars, was also Delhi’s latest South African recruit, Albie Morkel. Morkel has played all his IPL matches so far donning the yellow CSK jersey and he looked forward to turning up in blue for the first time this season.

"Obviously coming from South Africa it's an opportunity to play cricket in India again. It's a country where I really love playing the game,” Morkel said. “It's lovely be associated with Daredevils and as Zak said an opportunity to do something grea, to try help the team achieve new goals . So from my point of view it's very exciting," he said.

Source : IPLT20.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment